Open Records / Public Information

Texas Government Code Chapter 552 (commonly referred to as the Public Information Act, PIA, or Open Records Act) gives you the right to access to government records. While government information is presumed to be available to the public, exceptions may apply to the disclosure of some information.

Read more about the Public Information Act.

The PIA applies to information already in existence. The PIA does not require the Hood County Constable Precinct 4 Office to create new information, perform legal research, or answer general questions.

The Hood County Constable Precinct 4  Office cannot provide access to records held by other agencies or governmental bodies.  For records that are under the custody of other agencies or governmental bodies, you should submit your request to that agency.

How to Submit an Open Records / Public Information Request

To request Hood County Constable Precinct 4 records, you must submit your request in writing using one of these options:

By email to the Records Division:

By mail to:
Hood County Pct 4 Constable's Office
100 E. Pearl St
Granbury, TX 76048

In person at:
Hood County Pct 4 Constable's Office
100 E. Pearl St
Granbury, TX 76048

By fax at:

While you are not required to use any particular form to request information, you may wish to use this Public Information Request Form to request Hood County Constable Precinct 4  Office records. You may submit the form to us using one of the four contact options above.

If you choose not to use the form, be sure to include your name, address, phone number, and email address. Describe the exact information you are requesting to include report number (if known), names of person(s) involved, their dates of birth, location and date of the incident. Let us know how you would like to receive the records back, via email, mail, fax, or in-person pick up.

A request sent by email or mail must be sent to the Records Division at the addresses listed above or the Hood County Constable Precinct 4's Office is under no obligation to respond.

What's Not Available?

Here are a few examples of the types of information you will not be able to get with a PIA request, either because we do not have the information or the PIA does not apply to it:

  • Police reports for cases handled by Granbury Police Department. Contact the police department directly to obtain those records.
  • Accident reports for accidents handled by Texas Department of Public Safety. Go to the Crash Records Information System to obtain those reports.
  • Court records and/or dispositions. Contact the appropriate court clerk to obtain those records.