District Attorney FAQ's

- What should I do if I need to report a crime?
The first thing you should do is to report the crime to the local law enforcement.  If you live inside the city limits, call your city police department.  If you live in the county, call the Hood County Sheriff's Department.
Our office prosecutes cases that have already been investigated by a law enforcement agency.

- How do I find out if someone is in jail or in prison?
You can visit several different sites that may help you:
     Hood County, Texas Bond Page
     Texas VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday)
     Texas Department of Criminal Justice Offender Search
- How do I find out the status of my case?
If you have a question regarding your case, please contact your attorney for information.

You are able to view limited case history by visiting the Hood County District Clerk's Public Access - Case Information or by going by their office to view your file.

If you are a victim of a crime and have questions you may call our office at (817) 579-3245 and ask for the Victims Assistance Coordinator.

- What should I do if I receive a Worthless "Hot" Check ?
In order for the Hood County District Attorney's office to prosecute your hot check, the bad check must be in the amount of $2,500.00 or more.  If the amount is of a lessor amount the Hood County Attorney's office will process it. 

You will need to bring the Original Check, or the copy that the bank returned to you.  A copy of the letter sent to the check writer, if the letter is returned because of a bad address, bring the unopened letter also.  A description on what the check was for.  Any information on the check writer that you may have.