New Punishment Levels for Theft
(For checks written on or after September 1, 2015)
Class C Misdemeanor
Class B Misdemeanor
- if the check amount is less than $100.
Class A Misdemeanor
- if the check amount is $100 but less than $750; or
- if the check amount is less than $100 and the Defendant has a prior conviction for any grade of theft.
Aggregate Theft by Check
- if the check amount is $750 but less than $2500.
Our office will continue to attempt to collect all qualifying hot checks for our vendors.
- When a Defendant writes more than one hot check as part of a continuing course of conduct (to one or more than one vendor), we will aggregate (total) the value of all checks.