Public Notice of Unclaimed Property
Each year, departments of our county report unclaimed property monies to our office. This property may consist of checks, deposits, refunds, over payments or other transactions. This property is presumed abandoned and is subject to the Texas Unclaimed Property Code 76.201 which states:
(1) By addressing an inquiry to the Treasurer of the holder, any person possessing a legal or beneficial interest in the reported property may obtain information concerning the amount of the property; and
(2) The owner may present proof of the claim to the Treasurer of the holder and establish the owner’s right to receive the property
Hood County Treasurer’s Office is holding property belonging to the individuals listed in the links above. Please contact us for more information on how to claim this property.
You may contact the Treasurer either by mail, Email at email@example.com, or in person to request a claim form for the property. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Property owners name exactly as spelled in the listing.
- Current address for mail responses from us.
- Social Security Number of the person making claim.
After you have received and filled out the appropriate claim form, please submit it to the Treasurer’s office at the address shown above. Please be sure the form is completed, as requested on every line. Include copies of the requested identification and proof of ownership.
With accurate information and no complications, your claim should be processed within 60 to 90 days. If you have any questions, you may contact our office from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit the Unclaimed Property Search Website.