The Development Department is responsible for administering Hood County's Development and Subdivision Regulations and state laws regarding development, platting, and filing requirements as they apply to private and commercial development. 

Note: Hood County does not issue permits/perform inspections related to residential home construction/remodeling.

If a portion of your property lies within a Special Flood Hazard Area, you may need a floodplain development permit from the Hood County Floodplain Administrator prior to any excavation, construction, or the placement of a manufactured home, building or recreational vehicle.


Our mission is to enhance county aesthetics through effective enforcement of existing regulations and laws while encouraging recreation and preventing pollution of the state's rivers and lakes.


Hood County Development is not an abstractor or insured to do abstracting.
If you need to know what restrictions, building set-backs, and/or easements are on your property you need to contact an abstractor who is insured to provide that information.

Note to Builders / Developers

A violation of Hood County's development regulations constitutes a misdemeanor under Texas state law.