Military and Overseas Voter
Special provisions for military and overseas voters:
- Fill out and file your FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) as soon as possible but no later than a week before Election Day.
- Receive your ballot or use the FWAB (Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot).
- Cast your vote by returning your marked ballot by Election Day, or the 5th day after if voting from overseas.
Track the progress of your FPCA and ballot
Who can use the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) and why?
- Active duty military, spouses, and dependents (voting from outside the home Texas county)
- U. S. Citizens (nonmilitary) temporarily overseas away from the home Texas county
- U. S. Citizens (nonmilitary) permanently overseas away from the (previous) home Texas county
What and where is the FPCA form?
Here are three resources for obtaining an automated FPCA form:
What does the FPCA form do?
- Registers you onto the permanent voter rolls 30 days after receipt by the county
- Functions as an application for ballot by mail and gives you temporary registration status for certain offices