School and City Offices up for Election in November 2019 - click on Elected Officials tab on the left side of this page
To run for a city or school elected position, the individual will file with the City Secretary or the school administration office. The filing period for these positions is July 20, 2019 to August 19, 2019.
State Level Offices for Election in 2020
- State Board of Education, District 14
- Texas State Senator, District 22
- Texas State Representative, District 11
Hood County Offices for Election in 2020
- District Attorney, 355th Judicial District
- County Attorney
- County Tax Assessor/Collector
- County Commissioner, Precinct 1
- County Commissioner, Precinct 3
- Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1
- Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4
- Constable, Precinct 1
- Constable, Precinct 2
- Constable, Precinct 3
- Constable, Precinct 4
If you reside in Hood County and are not on the voter registration rolls, you must fill out a voter registration application and mail it to us or drop it off at our office. An individual cannot register online in the State of Texas!
2018 Texas Election Security Update - Click here
Responsibilities of Election Office
One of the most important functions of county government is to oversee the electoral process. The Elections Department is responsible for conducting:
- All elections at the federal, state, and county levels
- Certain other elections that contract with Hood County for election services
- Voter registration
Vote Centers in Hood County
What does this mean to you? On Election Day, any Hood County registered voter may go to any one of the 10 polling locations in Hood County and vote. You do not have to go to your specific precinct. It is like early voting, but on Election Day!! View a printable flyer with the list of polling location in Hood County. View a Hood County Map of the locations.
Hood County voters use iVotronics from Election Systems and Software to cast their ballot. If you would like to get familiar with how to use the iVotronics before you come to vote, see quick start instructions, or watch a video.