The District Clerk is the officer of the court in charge of the jury selection process. The Clerk:
- Determines the number of potential jurors required to begin a trial
- Sends summonses to jurors
- Processes jurors on trial day
- Assigns jurors to panels
- Pays jurors for service
- $6 for each day you participate in empaneling or voirdire.
- $12 for the first day served.
- $40 for each day of service thereafter.
The juror process is governed by the Texas Uniform Jury Handbook as authorized by chapter 23 of the Government Code.
Reporting for Jury Duty
Jurors should report to the location designated on the summons prior to the time designated. This is located under the "TIME/DATE/PLACE" section in the bottom left corner.
Ph: (817) 579-3236