- 9-1-1 Addressing and Maps
GIS/9-1-1 Addressing Department
The purpose of the 911 Addressing Coordinator is to establish a uniform road naming and property address numbering system for use in Hood County with the intent to enhance and ensure the easy and rapid location of properties and structures for public safety and emergency services response.
The Hood County 911 Addressing Coordinator’s office communicates with both cities and citizens in an effort to make sure appropriate emergency services personnel can quickly and efficiently respond as needed.
Request an Address
When requesting an address please complete and return the following items for the most expedient address assignment:
- Please complete and submit the Hood County 9-1-1 Address Request Form. The return email address is at the top of this form.
- Please also submit a site plan or sketch that shows the following:
- The placement and orientation of the structure to be addressed;
- The location of the driveway from street to structure;
- The location of all applicable property lines.
Please be aware that there are many factors that may affect the assignment of an address. Below are some things that should be considered and communicated to the Addressing Coordinator when requesting an address as they may change the duration and outcome of a request:
- The lot or parcel of land is on a corner of an intersection of two roadways.
- The address request is for a re-platted lot in a platted subdivision.
- The property is only accessible through another property's easement, you must include a copy of the granted easement with the survey or site plan showing the easement.
Please send the above items to the email provided within the Address Request Form. Submissions may be sent by mail or delivered in person at the below address:
9-1-1 Addressing Office
401 Deputy Larry Miller Dr
Granbury, TX 76048
Please provide good contact information in case this office has any questions.