Click to Home

Go To Search
Emergency Alert - No Alerts
Protective orders from other states
Registration of Order
If you have a protective order from another state, it is a good idea to register that order in Texas.  There is no fee for registering an out-of state protective order.  

You must:
  1. Present a certified copy of the order to the local law enforcement agency responsible for maintaining the local computer records for the state; or
  2. Present a certified copy of the order to the Texas Department of Public Safety and request that the order be registered in the statewide records.

You must also file an affidavit stating that to the best of your knowledge, the order is in effect.

Tex. Family Code 88.005

If you have any questions or need any help registering an out-of-state protective order, contact our office.

Hood County Texas - Contact Us